Wednesday, November 13, 2013

How to Care for Dry Lips and Favorite Lip Balms Review



Hi there!   Remember how I mentioned I am always battling with dry lips in the colder months in my
Favorite Lip Glosses  post?  Well I am here today to share with you what I do to keep them soft and comfortable.

When my lips get flaky, after I brushed my teeth, I take a soft cotton towel, wrap around my finger and gently massage my lips to remove dead skin.  Remember to be gentle, if a flake does not come of then it is probably not ready, leave it alone.

Afterward, I nourish my lips with hydrating lip balms, preferably natural or organic.  Some of my favorite are:







100% Pure Organic Lip Balm:  I have the mint and cherry flavor.  I love the simple, organic ingredients (oil and beeswax).  They glide on easily, hydrating, I don't have to keep on reapplying.  Fairly price, $6 each.  Love these!

Bobbi Brown Lip Balm:  I love the packaging and I know some of you will dislike it for being in a pot.  Moisturizing, smell great, feel good, add a nice sheen.  It is not hard but on cold days, I need to rub it in a bit with a clean finger to warm it up.  ($19)

Badger Organic Cocoa Butter Lip Balm:  Not pictured but this is another great one that make a difference for me.  Again I love that these are organic, safe ingredients and that they come in a variety of flavors.  I am digging the chubby tube, not only do you get more product but it really feels good while applying.  ($3)

The great thing about all the lip balms I mentioned is that I don't have to keep reapplying every hour.  On a few occasions, for what ever reasons, my lips were uncomfortably dry and cracked, I experimented with argan oil.  I would gently scrub, apply lip balm, then top it off with a drop of argan oil.  Oh wow, the next morning, my lips were all nice and soft...I was shock.  The argan oil I use is 100% organic argan oil.  This is something I tried on myself and it works, for you, please check with your doctor or dermatologist before trying.


Disclosure: All of the products being review was purchased by me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails