Tuesday, June 30, 2009
I am really curious to try this mascara out as it is the first drugstore vibrating mascara. It is retail for $13 which is expensive for a drugstore brand but it is still half the price of department store.
Maybelline claims it to be:
• Patent-pending elastomer brush vibrates 7,000 times per stroke
• Provides clump-free definition, intense color, and shine
• Waterproof; also available in washable formula
• Builds lash volume, length, and adds curl
• Buildable formula
• Ideal for All Skin Types
• Contact lens safe
Monday, June 29, 2009
Boil about ½ a cup of water. Then steep about 2-3 packs of green tea for 30 minutes. If you have fresh aloe plant, add some aloe gel (about a teaspoon). Just refrigerate and it should stay fresh for about a week or so. See, simple huh?
Green tea is a good antioxidant as it contains polyphenols. Polyphenols have protective effects against free radicals that age our skin. Aloe is good for healing and anti-inflammatory.
Asian 5-steps Skincare Routine
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Tarte MultiplEYE is a natural lash enhancer that claim to increase in the appearance of lash length by 152%. Here is the before and after picture from their site.
From Tarte’s website: Our proprietary HydroPlant Peptide is clinically proven to give the appearance of longer, thicker lashes naturally: soy and amino acid proteins combine to form an essential super-protein base that fortifies and nourishes lashes. This protein emulsion is infused with cellulose, a plant-derived thickening agent, and vitamin C, an antioxidant booster.
Users are instructed to apply once a day to the lash line as you would with an eyeliner. You can also apply this directly on your lashes, but avoid getting into eyes. It takes 4-6 weeks to see result.
In my opinion, I am not sure if this will actually lengthen and thicken your lashes or not. But with all the good natural ingredients, I think it will at least act as a good conditioner for your lashes like a conditioner would for your hair.
If you have tried it, I would like to hear your result.
Ingredients: Aqua, hydrolyzed soy protein, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, adenosine, sodium chloride, disodium EDTA, myristoyl pentapeptide-17, calcium chloride, polyaminopropyl biguanide, hydroxyethylcellulose, phenoxyethanol, caprylyl glycol, polyhexamethylene biguanide HCI.
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Mascara is not something I wear everyday. But I have to say it is my most favorite cosmetic product. It makes me feel different, like wearing high heels. It is also fun to experiment.
I really like Tarte Lash Hugger as the ingredients are natural which suppose to do no harm to your lashes. It shows because it’s the easiest to remove mascara ever. It contains olive ester to condition and protect your lashes. There are no preservatives, paraben, or dye. Also comes in a recycled aluminum tube.
I also LOVE the brush. I think its best that I do a pro and con list as we all look for different things in our mascara, depending on the nature of your lashes.
- Natural Ingredients
- Easy to remove, it just comes of when you wash your face and no leftover residue
- Separating (no spidery legs)
- Somewhat volumizing
- No clump, smudge or flake
- Excellent brush
- Does not lengthen much
- Does not hold curls
- A little wet at first but thicken up nicely after a few uses
It will give your lashes a naturally defining look, which can be a pro/con depending on your preference.
Friday, June 12, 2009
Customized lip color is just a few clicks away with the new SpectraColor Lipstick from Avon. Get seven shades of lip color packed into one sleek, innovative package. Basically, there is two tone of color in every tube. By clicking on the dial, you go from the palest hue to the deepest, most saturated color, allowing customization.
It’s formulated with Vitamins A, C and E, lightweight, and high-shine formula. Available in 10 shades, starting June 2009, for $9.50. Check back later for my review on this.
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
The best things you can do for your skin is to develop a skincare routine and be diligent about it. Often time when I see a Korean movie stars, I always admire over how smooth and porcelain their skin are. It’s probably a combination of good gene, healthy food intake, makeup, and diligent skincare.
Below is a step by step routine for night time:
1. Cleanse/Double Cleansing: A while back I wrote about double cleansing which provide more information on this process. When necessary, use cleansing oil to remove make up and dirt. Make sure not to pull on the eye area. Then cleanse your face with a gentle facial cleanser that is suitable for your skin type.
2. Tone: Use a toner to remove any last trace of residue. It also help balances out your skin PH level after washing and help prep your skin for better absorption of serum. Find one that is suitable for your skin type or for your specific treatment need (example: such as brightener).
3. Use a mask and facial massage once or twice a week: Masks comes in a variety, such as brightening, purifying, hydrating, exfoliating, etc. For summer, a gentle clay mask is ideal as it help eliminate oil. Then there is also the weekly facial massage to encourage good blood circulation. Some Asian brands carry facial massage cream for this purpose. However, I imagine you can just use your regular face lotion or cream.
4. Serum: It is basically a “more concentrated” amount of active ingredients than what you would get in a cream. Also, since its texture is normally in a liquid or light gel form, it is easier for your skin to absorb. On days that you don’t wear a mask, you would apply serum right after your toner. Personally, I think if you are still young, it is okay to skip the serum step to save yourself some time and money.
5. Moisturize: Depending on the season, you will want to find a suitable moisturizer. It also helps seal in the serum. If you have very dry skin in the winter, use a cream instead of lotion. For oily skin, try a gel type like Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizer.
There you have it. Sounds like a lot of work, doesn't it? =) I have to admit, I myself don't always follow all the steps. But when I do, I always enjoy the relaxation and benefit a good mask provide.