Friday, April 17, 2009

Double Cleansing

Have you heard of double cleansing? Well, the whole concept was very new and interesting to me when I first came across it about a year or so ago. This is part of an Asian skincare regime.


Double cleansing is a two step cleansing process. The first step is to apply cleansing oil on dry face and start massaging to remove make-up, sunblock, dirt, etc. Afterward, rinse with lukewarm water. Then follow it with a gentle cleanser.


Yes, I said cleansing oil. I know the thought of putting oil on your face is not only foreign but also not very clean. However, cleansing oil is an effective and gentle method to remove makeup. It is also good at dissolving oil and dirt that build up on your face especially during hot, humid summer day. I tried DHC cleansing oil and it clean without stripping my skin from its natural sebum. It actually removes my eye makeup better than any makeup remover I ever used, with no stinging. Almost all Asian skincare brands carry cleansing oil. Some of the Western brands are starting to as well.


Final note, if you have oily skin, your skin may be able tolerate this method nightly. If you have dry or sensitive skin like mine, I would only do this when needed, not daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails