Thursday, December 16, 2010

Review Olay ProX Eye Restoration Complex



On paper, this eye cream sounds really good. High on the list, the fourth ingredient is Niaciamide (Vitamin B3) which is suppose to addresses quite a few woes of aging skin such as wrinkling, blotchiness, hyperpigmentation, and sallow skin without causing side-effects or irritation. (Source) Niaciamide is often the active ingredients in many of Olay’s product. Also high on the ingredient list in Caffeine, it contains antioxidants and is also anti-inflammatory, which help in reducing puffiness.

Price: $47 for .5 fl oz, available at your drugstores and Ulta

Pros: It is package in an opaque airtight pump to better preserve the active ingredients and antioxidant. It absorbs quickly and leaves a non-greasy, velvety natural finish. The cream contains a brightener that gives the appearance of brighter, well rested eyes. It is a cosmetic improvement, not necessarily a cure for dark circles.

Cons: This is very expensive, definitely a department store price tag for a drugstore brand. However, at the end of the day, as long as it works, I would not mind shelling out extra for a drugstore product. Unfortunately, I had use better eye cream in the past. It is just not moisturizing enough for my normal to slightly dry under eye areas. Worse, it also rubs off when I apply Benefit Erase Paste (link) on top. This concealer has never given me any problem before. To clean up the residue that rubs off, I end up tugging at my eyes as well which is something one should avoid. Therefore, I can’t use this eye cream during the day, under makeup.

Overall: While I like that it makes my eyes appear brighter, I dislike how it is not moisturizing enough and that I can’t use it under makeup. To use this eye cream, I would have to invest in another daytime eye cream. It is just too much of a hassle. In addition, with continuous 6 weeks of nightly use, I feel like it may help firm my under eye areas a bit, however, nothing remarkable to the naked eyes. In high school, I used to use Olay moisturizer all the time so this brand have a nostalgic feeling for me but this time, sorry Olay, this eye cream just does not works for me.  However, I am giving it points for good packaging, elegant texture, good ingredients, and not irritating my sensitive eyes.  Rating: 3/5

Disclosure: The product(s) being review was purchased by me for personal use or review purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails