Tuesday, December 7, 2010

How to Stop Your Mascara from Smudging


If you ask me what my biggest frustration and challenge is with makeup, it would be keeping my mascara from smudging and I don’t even have oily eyelids. From what I heard, a lot of Asian has trouble with eye makeup smudging for some reasons. A lot of time, finding a solution is through trials and errors. With all the holiday parties you will be attending this season, let me leave you with a few tips to get you started.

- Powder your eye area to absorb any oil. Use a translucent or brightening powder. One that I love is Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder.

- Wipe the excess off your mascara brush before applying.

- Use a Q-tip to wipe your lashes after you are done to remove any excess

- Try an eyelash primer

- Remember formula is important. Most of the time, tube and fiberwig type mascara are more smudge-proof.

- Waterproof does not necessarily mean smudge-proof (for me, that mean CG Lash Extract WP). Also wearing waterproof everyday may do damage to your lashes.

- Probably not the best solution but sometime I just use waterproof mascara as a top coat over another mascara to seal it. It normally prevents smudging.

Do you have any tips to add? How about product recommendation?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails