Thursday, December 30, 2010

2010 Products of the Year!!!

2010 has been an important year for me on a personal level. I can’t believe it is ending already. So to wrap up the year on Beautiful Canvas, I would like to share with you some products that I consider to be my best find this year. These items also have a full review link, so check them out.



I got the chance to try many new perfumes this year. The one that is on top of my list is Chloe Eau de Toilette (full review here). To me, it is a combination of femininity, sexy, sophistication, and elegant all roll into one. Plus, it is the one that I get most compliments on.







OPI Drip Dry Drop is one of those must try out for yourself kind of thing. It works! It does exactly as it claims and makes doing my own nails so much less painful.








Okay, so I didn’t discover DHC Acerola Cream or DHC Acerola Serum this year. But the fact is, I have been using them on and off since 2008 is enough to warrant a place on this post, yes? Check this brightening duo out.





It seems like to older I become, so are the size of my pores, sadly but true. Well, there is nothing short of magic you can do for pore size. I came across a primer called L’Oreal Studio Secret Magic that magically shrinks my pores. Well, more like diminishing their appearance, among a few other benefits.





When it comes to foundation, it was a tough call between Amore Pacific Time Response Skin Renewal Spf 18 vs. Shu Uemura Architect Foundation. I’d pick the Shu Uemura because it is an awesome foundation at a much cheaper price compare to the Amore Pacific. Plus, it has medium buildable coverage, great yellow undertone for Asian, and easy to blend.









I will be the first to say that Skindinavia Bridal Makeup Finish won’t be a HG makeup setting spray for everybody. However, for those with drier skin or use powder foundation, this makeup setting spray will prevent makeup from caking. It leave a slight sheen that give drier skin a more comfortable, dewy finish. It also helps your makeup looking fresh longer.





In an attempt to be greener, I like to invest in good natural lip products. This quest brought me to Korres Cherry Oil Lip Glosses. They are lightweight, moisturizing, non-sticky, and have some beautiful shades.









For a drugstore gel liner, Wet ‘n Wild Mega Eyes Cream is as good as it gets. It performance and staying power is no less than its high end counterpart. Only problem is it will start to dry in about 3 months. But for $4, I think I can live with that.



Still looking for something to cover those raccoon under circles? Look no further with Benefit Erase Paste Concealer. It has a peach undertone that cover purple shadow and creamy, blend-able texture make it suitable for the under eye areas.




Last but not least, here you will find my review of my favorite eye primer, Too Faced Shadow Insurance compare to a cheaper alternative, the ELF Mineral Eye Primer.  I think those with drier eye lids will appreciate TFSI.









Happy New Year Everyone!  Thank you for stopping by and especially to those who subscribe and leave comments.

You might also like:
2009 Favorites

2 comments:

  1. hm... i haven't tried korres lip glosses before, maybe i'll give it a go later. about the too faced primer. do you think it's ok for oily eyelids too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mint,

    I wish I can give you a firm yes or no on the too faced primer but everyone skin is different. TFSI texture is like a lotion so I know that drier skin will enjoy it, I am not sure if it will crease on really oily eyelids. I recently tried the primer from Bare Escentual and the texture is drier and more tacky if that is what you are looking for. I also heard that UDPP also have a drier texture than TFSI. I hope this help.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails