Monday, January 3, 2011
7 Beauty New Year Resolutions You Should Adopt
Happy New Year! We do it every year, we like to start the year with some sort of new year resolution whether it be to exercise, save money, or travel more. Well how about also adopting some good skin care and beauty habits this year?
1. Wash your hands before you cleanse your face. The last thing you want is to slather the germ, oil, dirt from your hands onto your face. You should do the same before you apply skincare and makeup.
2. You should practice the double cleansing method especially if you wear full face makeup or waterproof sunscreen. We all know how bad it is to have left over residue on your skin.
3. If you have dry skin or want better absorption from your skincare, use a toner beforehand. I know some people deem it as unnecessary but it is definitely incorporated in most Asian Skincare Routine/Line and I do see a different since I started using it 3 or 4 years ago.
4. Don’t pop your pimples. It is tempting but you risk leaving behind scars and dark spots.
5. Limit hot shower and bath time. It is winter so the air is already dry and low in humidity, which sucks the moisture out of your skin. Long hot shower and bath only make matter worse. Don’t forget to moisturize your skin right after your shower to trap in the moisture.
6. Clean your makeup applications and brushes frequently. The bacteria build up can cause acne and skin irritation.
7. Complement your skintone. If you have a distinct warm or cool undertone, makeup looks better when it complement your skin tone. I have yellow undertone and while I can wear both cool and warm tone, I notice look more natural and flattering when I wear warm tones.
Labels: Skincare Tips