Friday, January 28, 2011

Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector Review


Clinique Even Better Skin Tone Corrector is a serum treatment that promises to lighten hyper pigmentation and give even skin tone. I have some sun spots mainly on my cheeks from summer and two weeks in the South Pacific that I wanted to remove.

Price: $49/1oz.  Available at Clinique counters or Sephora.

Pros: I really like the feel of this, my skin feel very soft and smooth after I applied this. It also provides light hydration. I also like that it contain antioxidant such as turmeric. Turmeric is a very good antioxidant but it is not widely found in many products.

Cons: I don’t like that Clinique does not list the ingredients on their website. What more important is probably whether it works or not. I applied this once a day, sometime twice a day, consistently for 4 weeks and saw no result. I decided to stick it out for another two weeks so I used this for a total of 6 weeks but unfortunately, I still did not see any visible improvement in lightening or diminishing of my freckles and sun spots.

Overall: I think this is an either love or hate product. My mom has a lot of discoloration on her cheeks and this treatment provided beautiful result. One of her large patch has reduced by 50% and all the smaller spots are faded or significantly lighter and her skin looks more even tone. Unfortunately for me, other than the nice silky feeling I received from this serum, there was no improvement in lightening my sun spots. It didn’t work for one of my girlfriend either. Since it seems to work for some and not other, I would give it an average rating. Rating 3/5.

Disclosure: The product being review was purchased by me for personal use or review purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails