Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Korres Wild Rose Mineral Foundation Spf 30 Review


I have tried mineral foundation before, Bare Mineral and Everyday Mineral but didn’t like them enough to jump onto the bandwagon. Will Korres Wild Rose Mineral Foundation Spf 30 change my mind?

Price: $28/8.5 grams, available at Korres.com or Sephora.

Shade: It comes in 4 shades. I bought the second shade, Light, which is currently a little dark for me.  Light is approximately NC25.



Pros: For starter, it is talc and bismuth oxychloride free which is great for those who are sensitive to these ingredients. It also contains wild rose extract, which is a potent natural source of Vitamin C. The high Spf 30 is also much appreciated.

First thing I notice about this powder foundation is how creamy it is. It is so creamy, non-drying, non powdery that I couldn’t even tell I am wearing powder. The coverage is light, probably build-able and the finish is satiny. Also very important is at the end of the day; it doesn’t fade or look blotchy. It comes with a sponge but I have only apply it with my Ecotool retractable kabuki (I love that brush).

Cons: I feel like it doesn’t cover my redness as well as a liquid foundation. For special occasion where I want to look flawless, I think I will always stick with liquid or cream foundation. However, for everyday use, I think this is a great option.

Overall: I wore this for about a week but stop because it is a tad too dark for my skin tone right now. I can see myself reaching for this more when the weather warm up because it is just so light, natural, and gives such beautiful finish. To sum it up, this is probably the best mineral foundation I have tried to date. Rating: 4.5/5.

Disclosure: The product(s) being review was purchased by me for personal use or review purpose.

3 comments:

  1. i love korres, but hate powder/mineral foundations. hope that it works for you when your skin darkens a bit :)


    Vonnie
    http://www.socialitedreams.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too don't like powder foundation but this is really nice in texture and finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realise they make mineral foundation. I find most powder foundation don't give me as great of a coverage as liquid too. but I found how they feel so light on the skin. Thanks for the review :D I'll check it out at the stores. maybe i'll try some when i've finish using my current foundations. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails