Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Comparison: MAC Studio Sculpt vs. Studio Finish SPF 35 Concealer



Lately I have been more and more dependent on concealer. I started a new routine where I don’t wear foundation or tinted moisturizer during weekdays. I just wear concealer and a light dusting of powder. I want to cut back and give my skin more room to breathe. For reference, in this review, I’ll refer to MAC Studio Sculpt as SS and Studio Finish as SF.

Price: Both are $16.50 a pot.

Texture: Both have creamy texture but SF is much denser. SF was also very gritty when I first used it. I needed to get through the rough top layer and underneath is much creamier.

Finish: SF has an opaque and matte finish whereas SS was more of a satin or semi-matte finish. SS is more suited for drier skin, I haven’t try using it under my eyes but I imagine it would works if you moisturize well. SF would be too drying to use as an eye concealer and probably not suitable for drier skin type.



This swatch is for MAC Studio Finish Concealer SPF 35 in NC20.  I hope you can see from the swatch that it is quite pigmented with a matte finish.

Overall: Both are great concealer, it just depends what your needs are. I actually first bought SS and ended up exchanging it for SF. Why? I was looking for something kind of heavy duty that would conceal the red broken veins on my cheeks. SS was very creamy, blend able, natural looking but it didn’t have the coverage and staying power I wanted. SS have medium buildable coverage that it begins to fade midday. SF is more opaque with a medium to full buildable coverage and even though it still fade a bit but not too badly so I can go whole day without touch up.

Disclosure: Both products being review were purchased by me for personal use or review purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails