Wednesday, July 31, 2013

How to Treat Sunburn


The skin on my arms is peeling from a recent sunburn.  I have like a dozen bottles of sunscreen (okay, a little exaggeration) and I am always reminding people to put on sunscreen, yet I got burned, how ironic.  What happened was, we were at the beach and I was busy putting on sunscreen for my daughter.  It is so hard, toddler does not like to sit still and what not, so next thing you know, I completely forgot to put some on my arms. The bad thing about sunburn is that by the time I realize, it is too late.  Anyway, it prompt me to write this post, what to do if you got burn.

1.  Once you realize you are getting burn (skin turning pink or feeling uncomfortable), immediately get out of the sun so you don't get burn even more.  If you can't get out of the sun immediately, another option is putting on protective clothing and hat.  You are also probably dehydrated as well, make sure you get plenty of fluid.



 2.  Cool down the inflammation with cool wet towel.

3.  Sooth your skin with aloe vera.  I know not everyone have an aloe vera plant laying around so the next best thing is a moisturizing cream or lotion.  I'd recommend Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion because it contains oatmeal which is great for soothing and protect your skin.

4.  I personally have not try this myself but according to the Skin Cancer Foundation, you can take ibuprofen or Advil to relieve swelling and redness.


Enjoy the rest of your summer and hopefully you won't need treatment for sunburn :)



image source

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails