Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Balm Balm Shelter Tinted Moisturizer SPF 18 Review and Swatches



The Balm claims that their Balm Shelter Tinted Moisturizer SPF 18 is weightless and silky smooth and I totally agree.  During colder months when my skin was drier, it did not cling to dry patches and accentuate them.  Instead it goes on smoothly and give me a bit of a glow.  In warmer month, it feels light and comfortable, does not melt off.

I love that it is so smooth and easy to blend, I can use my fingers and quickly apply this, it is also fool proof.  I tried it with both stippling and kabuki brush and it works find.  With a stippling brush, you have to buff it in rather then stipple because it is too thin for that. 

Shade:  Light


 Before and After

From the picture above, you can see that the coverage is definitely sheer to light coverage, you can build it up, but not much.  It "blurs" out imperfection, but you can still see my mold and some freckles.  Overall, it gives me my skin but better look, very natural.  Any blemish or serious redness will need a concealer.  However, I did not love this tinted moisturizer for it coverage but rather because it is "no fuss" base makeup, if I have a bad skin day, I don't need to worry about it making me look worse or covered up.

Price: $25 for 2.15 oz or 64ml  (tip: sometime Hautelook carries this for half off)

Overall Rating:  4.5 out of 5


Disclosure: The products being review was purchased by me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails