Monday, February 6, 2012

Josie Maran Argan Oil Review



Argan oil come from Argan tree’s green nuts which mostly grown in Morocco, with benefits for both skin and hair. It has extremely high level of vitamin E and fatty acid that protect and heal the skin from oxidation.

Price: $14-$96 for 15ml to 4oz (120ml)

I have not use Josie Maran Argan Oil on my hair so this review is strictly on it performance as a skincare product. JM Argan Oil is light in yellow and odorless. It goes on light, non greasy and absorb quickly and easily. I also use this oil in the morning as a moisturizer under my makeup, something that I don’t normally do with oil because it can be too greasy. At night, I layer this over serum and sometime as a middle layer, under another moisturizer if I feel I need it, this combination is enough to keep my in dry skin hydrated and flakes free.

Comparison: I just want to do a quick comparison of different oil type I used and it may help you decide which is best for your skin type. I have tried DHC Olive Oil which is very rich and hydrating. It does take a long time to absorb and is quite greasy, suited for dry to very dry skin, and I would recommend night use only. DHC Rose Treatment Oil (discontinued but may be similar to other rose oil out there) is in the middle in term of richness, absorption, and sheen. I see rose oil normally recommended for mature and dry skin type. Out of the three, argan oil is the lightest and my favorite thus far. It is probably suited for combination to dry skin, light enough for even day time use.

Rating: 4.5/5


Disclosure: The product(s) being review was purchased by me for personal use or review purpose.

4 comments:

  1. So it's used as a moisturizer. Maybe I'll try this next winter... I'm a little intimidated by using oils on my face (other than for cleansing lol)

    Just wondering, why did you take off 0.5?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy,

    5/5 is a "perfect" score. I try to reserve that for products that I consider as HG or the best of its kind. Hope this help clarify.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really wanting to try this out, but it's so expensive!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails