Thursday, February 9, 2012

LaVanila The Healthy Baby Block SPF40 Review


Price: $20 for 2 oz, available at Sephora.com

Pros: Almost identical to the regular LaVanila sunscreen, yet green tea is higher on the ingredient in this Baby version (which I prefer) and it is cheaper too. Green tea has been known to not only calm down irritated skin but help protect your skin from sensitivity to the sun. Aside from loving the ingredients, I also love the consistency and texture. It is not too thick, not too thin, not too greasy or matte, just a happy medium in texture and sheen. It is also a bit hydrating as well.

Cons: I cannot wear this sunscreen on its own as it does leave a noticeably white cast on my NC20 skin tone. I have to wear base makeup on top otherwise I’ll look like a Geisha (okay, not that bad but still…).

Overall: Perhaps I would have given this sunscreen a perfect score if it were not for the white cast because I think this would be perfect for outdoor or the beach. I like the option to wear my sunscreen alone, with a bit of concealer for trouble spots. I don’t want to layer too much when I am just running errand or outdoor on a hot sunny day.

Rating: 4/5

Disclosure: The product(s) being review was purchased by me for personal use or review purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails