Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Product Review: Jane Iredale Longest Lash Mascara




Jane Iredale is a reputable, respected mineral cosmetics line since 1994. Of course, I was excited when I got to try out her Longest Lash Mascara. However, I had a disappointing first impression. It was so dry. I swiped, swiped and did not see a thing on my lash.

I visited their website to see if I could find any additional information. It turned out that you are supposed to use this mascara with an eyelash conditioner. The reason for its dryness is because instead of being a water base, it is algae base. Good thing, I have some DHC Eyelash Tonic around so I applied this before the mascara. I have to say, I really like the result when combine with a conditioner. It does not give you much volume. However, it definitely lengthens. It also separate and define without clumping. It is the most "naturally" enhance look I got from a mascara to date and I have tried quite a few. The downfall of this mascara is the price. It is $34 and if you have to use it with a conditioner, which is at least another $15, too expensive. Nevertheless, it is a good mascara.

Other natural mascara:

Tarte Lash Hugger

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails