Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Natural Remedy for Hair Loss Treatment

My hair has always shed more than I like it to especially, the last few years. I am not sure what the cause is since I do not color my hair or excessively use hot styling tools. I have been taking vitamins which does make a noticeably difference but I still like to see better result. As we all know, currently there is no sure way in preventing hair loss.

A dear friend of mine have been applying fresh Aloe Vera gel to her scalp and hair the past couple months, with positive result. I saw her last week and her hair was definitely fuller and softer. Lucky for me, I have a big old tree at home. Here is my baby, he is huge.



I did some research and indeed, the Native Americans have used this method for centuries. Aloe Vera has enzyme and anti-inflammation properties that help heal and balance the pH level of the scalp while cleansing the pores. The easiest way to reap the benefit is to cut a fresh leave and apply the gel to your scalp and hair, leave it for 30 minutes and shampoo as usual. If you don’t have your own plant handy, you can also purchase Aloe Vera gel from the store, just make sure it is 100% pure or as close to it as possible. I know Jason Natural brand make Aloe Vera gel that you can purchase from Wholefoods.

You can also look for shampoo with Aloe Vera gel in it. A common preparation of Aloe Vera gel with a small amount of wheat germ oil and coconut milk is used as a shampoo and has traditionally shown great benefit. Another alternative is to mix your regular shampoo with Aloe Vera gel, a 1:1 ratio. You will not need to use conditioner afterward unless your hair is very dry or long and tangle.

I tried the treatment last night and while I don’t expect to see hair regrowth until a few months with continuous use, I did get softer and shinier hair. It is obvious that this is good not only for people who are losing hair, but even for those that just wants to have healthy and shiny hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails