Monday, May 17, 2010

Review DHC Acerola 100 Serum

For any beauty junkie out there, you know how hard it is to be loyal to just one product. You are always curious to try something new. However, once in awhile, you’ll come across a gem that screams to be a part of you staple. That is how I feel about DHC Acerola 100, a vitamin C brightening serum, made by a mail order Japanese brand. I am on my third bottle and have the 4th one as a back up.


Description: This concentrated moisture treatment delivers the natural vitamin- and antioxidant-rich goodness of tropical wonder berry acerola in combination with a master moisture-binder. Light and nourishing, this formula absorbs quickly into skin to help brighten and soften, leaving problem areas silkier, more even-toned, and more luminescent.

Packaging: Glass bottle with a pump.

Texture: A light yellow liquid that is lightly scented. There is no fragrance added, the scent is natural, smell remind me of coffee.

Performance: I first used this in Oct 2008. It did take awhile to see result but after a month, I saw a great improvement in my skin tone. It was more even tone, bright, glowing, and also more balanced and hydrated. A bottle last me three months with once a day application. After I finished my first bottle, I ventured out to try other things but I came back to it summer 2009. This second time, I got the same great result as I did with my first bottle and more. My freckles normally get darker plus new one appears every summer. My skin can also become quite oily especially in the Tzone. This serum did a wonderful job at keeping my freckles at bay and my skin balance. If you put this in the morning before being out in the sun, it seems to also help protect against sunburn and irritation. Then few months ago, I was getting sporadic breakouts. I went through the process of elimination but could not seem to get rid of the comes and go acne flare up and irritation. Out of frustration, I stopped everything I use, switched back to this serum along with Thayers toner. Wow, within 2 days, no kidding, my skin is almost back to it normal self. It has been 2 weeks and no sign of irritation. Needless to say, I am back on it this spring/summer.

Ingredient: water, butylene glycol, malpighia glabra (acerola) fruit extract (Got to love the simplicity)

Price: $22.50 for 1oz, available at dhccare.com

4 comments:

  1. I am using a glycolic acid toner. Should I use this before or after the toner in the mornings?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You normally use serum after toner. Just a fyi...glycolic acid is great but it makes your skin more sensitive to the sun so make sure you wear a good sunscreen protection or reserve it for night time use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to try the Acerola line for a long time. Have you tried the gel moisturizer and lotion/toner? What do you think about it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Hannah
    I have not try the gel but I am actually using the lotion at the moment. It's nice, absorb quickly, appropriate for normal to little dry skin. The cream won't be heavy enough if you have really dry skin. The toner is nice as well.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails