Wednesday, June 19, 2013

My Favorite Sunscreen

I have been spending more time outdoor now that the weather is warmer.  I am fair skin and a couple years ago, I had a skin cancer scare so I get really nervous about skin damage during the summer.  I want something that is reliable, perform well under makeup, absolutely no peeling or roll off, and a texture that I enjoy applying so I will do it everyday, religiously.


For face, I absolutely love Shiseido Extra Smooth Sun Protection Cream SPF 38 and let me tell you why.  I went islands hoping for 2 weeks few years ago, I used this for my face and for 2 full weeks of out in the sun, swam in sea water, I did not get a single burn.  Granted, I did get slightly darker and a few freckles but that is expected especially when you are swimming in salt water.  Another thing I like about this is that there is no white case from the zinc (9.8%) and it is neither matte or greasy, the finish is very natural.  I never have a problem with this under my makeup.  Also, for over 2 years, I am not bore of it yet and still love it, says something.


(This is the version I owned but I believe they have new packaging, which is yellow tube instead of white)


Another sunscreen I would recommend is Clarins Sunscreen for Eyes Wrinkle Control Cream SPF 30 for the eyes.  Certain sunscreen would migrate throughout the day and sting my eyes.  I want something I can wear close to my eyes, even my eye lids and this one from Clarins allow me to do that.  It is very mild, never once bother my sensitive eyes.  I also like it runny, easy to spread and absorb texture, there is no need to rub it in which is bad for your delicate eye areas.  Also, the "slight" white cast help with my dark circle so I actually like it.

Price:  Shiseido Extra Smooth Sun Protection Cream SPF 38 - $32 for 2 oz;  Clarins Sunscreen for Eyes Wrinkle Control Cream SPF 30 - $28 for .7 oz

Overall Rating:  5 out of 5 for Shiseido Extra Smooth Sun Protection Cream SPF 38;  4.5 out of 5 for Clarins Sunscreen for Eyes Wrinkle Control Cream SPF 30 because I think it is quite pricey for such a tiny bottle.


Disclosure: The products being review was purchased by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails