Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Beach Essentials

Can you believe it, we are almost half way through summer already.  Have you been to the beach this year yet? We are going in 2 weeks, I am excited as this will be my daughter first time to the beach.  She LOVES water, I think she'll have a blast.  Anyway, it got me thinking, what are your beauty essential for a beach trip?


1.  Obviously, Sunscreen!
I'll pack Shiseido Extra Smooth Sun Protection Cream SPF 38 and Clarins Sunscreen for Eyes Wrinkle Control Cream SPF 30 for my face (full review on both products here).  As for the little one, I'll pack Lavanila Healthy Baby Block Spf40.  I have not find my HG body sunscreen yet...do you have one you'd recommend?


2.  Antioxidant. 
Research have shown that topical antioxidants can help skin from sun damage.  If you have sensitive skin, Origins Dr. Andrew Weil Mega Mushroom Skin Relief is design to help sooth irritation and minimize redness.  It has proven to be quite effective for me.  I also favor DHC Acerola 100 Serum in keeping my skin balance and even tone.


3.  Light Makeup
The last thing I want is wearing heavy makeup in the heat.  Lately, I am really loving The Balm Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 in Light.  It matches my skin tone perfectly and diffuse redness and even things out nicely for me.  I'll even say it is my best tinted moisturizer so far.  Review and swatches coming up.



4.  Tame that Frizz
Salt water and the humidity make my hair both dry and frizzy.  I am currently using DHC After Bath Hair Treatment Oil Type.  It is oil base but it is really light.  It makes my hair a bit shinier, softer, and less frizz yet so light, it does not feel like I am wearing any hair product.

That is all folks, I am trying to pack light.  Well, of course, there will be a few makeup items.  Also will be bringing my ipad so I can play Tiny Sheep.  I am quite addicted to Tiny Sheep, it is a farming game, where you take care of these cute tiny sheep.

Well, I would love to hear what are some of your essentials.


Disclaimer:  I purchased all the items mentioned except for Origins serum.

research showing that topically applied antioxidants can help protect from sun damage - See more at: http://www.paulaschoice-eu.com/learn/uvauvb-sun-protection-antioxidants/#sthash.rxjkUILR.dpufRes
research showing that topically applied antioxidants can help protect from sun damage - See more at: http://www.paulaschoice-eu.com/learn/uvauvb-sun-protection-antioxidants/#sthash.rxjkUILR.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails