Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Review Origins Mega Mushroom Skin Relief Advance Serum

This is an anti-inflammation serum that is suppose to minimize redness.

Packaging: Plastic bottle with a pump.

Price: $50/1oz or $66/1.7oz or $110/3.4oz

Pros: Pricewise, I like that Origins offer bigger bottle size at a discount price. Another plus is that Dr. Andrew Weil donates all of his after-tax profits from royalties from sales of Origins products directly to the Weil Foundation.

For reference, my sensitive, reactive skin is moderately blotchy from redness on the tzone and cheeks areas. I also have some broken capillaries on my lower cheeks. I protect my reactive skin by avoiding the sun, hot water, harsh scrub, enzyme peel (allergic), etc. Unfortunately there is no cure for rosacea so I have not bothered to use any topical application for my condition. This is my first anti-inflammatory serum and I have been using it for about a month.

I brought this with me on my trip because I was expecting some major sun rashes from being on tropical islands for 2 weeks. I applied it religiously, 2-3 times a day. To my amazement, there was no visible irritation even though there were times where my skin sting a bit from too much salt water. Redness was under control and reduced even. The serum did not eliminate all redness, but it did reduce and keep it under control when skin is exposed to stress environment.


It's nude but applies transparent.

Cons: The first few nights, it smells bad. It has this funky, stinky smell to it that I can’t quite put my finger on. I was not sure if I would keep on using this. After a few nights, the smell lightens considerably. It still has a scent but no longer offensive. I don’t think it is the case of me getting use to the smell. There was probably some bad or concentrated stuff at the bottom that pumped out the first few nights. Who knows?

Overall: If you have redness due to broken capillaries and are hoping that this serum will treat your problem, you will be disappointed. Currently there is no effective topical treatment for vascular problem except laser or IPL. However, if you have reactive, sensitive skin or rosacea, I would recommend giving this a try.

Disclosure: This review contains sample sent by PR for consideration. The review is base on my honest personal opinions and experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails