Saturday, April 10, 2010

Review Avon Magix Cashmere Foundation



Packaging: Squeeze tube. I like the clean and convenience packaging. Though I would probably change the cap so that it can stand on it own but I won’t hold that against it since it is trivial.

Texture/Finish: Liquid mousse texture with natural matte finish.

Performance: I’ll first start with the one thing that annoy me about this foundation and get it out of the way since I do think that this foundation has more pro than con. What I don’t like is that no matter how much I shake it, every time I squeeze it to get the product out, a lot of water also come out along with the foundation. It is messy!

I like that this is SPF 10 which is a bonus but not enough to substitute a sunscreen. I like that it is very lightweight, it does not feel like you are wearing anything yet provide medium build-able coverage. I also like the finish; it’s natural, semi matte. It does bind to your skin well but it does dry and set quickly so you will have to work on one area at a time and blend quickly. It is not very moisturizing so those with dry skin will need to moisturize well before hand. Also if you have any dry flakes, this foundation will accentuates them. I think this foundation is better suited for those with combination and oily skin. Lately my forehead becomes shiny after 3 hours but today, it has been 6 hours and no shine yet!


For reference, I am MAC NC20 and Light Beige (above) matches me. Though, I think I can go a shade lighter too.

Price: $11 for 30ml (1oz). Available in 12 shades.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails