Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My Foundation Shades and Swatches

The one product that is most difficult to shop for online would be foundation.  The little square box most websites have as swatches are horrible.  I always try to Google for swatches first.  If nothing is available then I mostly rely on the description and plain guessing.  Even with swatches, keep in mind that they are not perfect due to lighting and how your computer is calibrated.  It still helps, something is better than nothing, in my opinion.

Below are the foundations and shades that I am matched with:

For reference, I am generally MAC NC20; I can get to NC25 at the end of summer.

- Bobbi Brown Oil-Free Cream Compact in Warm Ivory
- Bobbi Brown Oil-Free Cream Compact in Warm Sand (Maybe it’s just me but these two shades are so similar that I match both of them)
- Shu Uemura Architect in 974 Light Honey (more yellow undertone)
- Shu Uemura Architect in 764 
- Amore Pacific Time Response Skin Renewal Foundation SPF 18 in shade 102
- DHC Q10 Cream Foundation in Natural 01
- DHC Q10 Cream Foundation in Yellow Ochre 01
- Victoria’s Secret Soft Focus SPF 20 in Light 40 (This is for when I am darker, NC 25 or so)
- Flirt Natural Light & Sheer SPF 15 in Nude Envy
- Korres Mineral Foundation (I think it’s a bit dark for NC20, better match with NC25)
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in Nude
- Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25 – in comes in only one shade which I think would most match NW/C 20-25 if you plan on wearing it alone.





The pictures above were taken with natural, indirect lighting.  If you are interested in reading reviews for these base makeup, click here.  This post was time consuming so I hope you guys find it helpful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails