Monday, January 16, 2012

Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blushes Review and Swatches


The new Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush is a powder-gel formula that is actually bouncy when you apply pressure, like a marshmallow. These comes in 10 shades available, the one I purchased are 15 Rose Petal and 20 Peach Satin.

Price: $7.99 each

Pros: I like this new packaging much better than the old Maybelline Dream Blush. The dome shape of the blush makes it much more accessible versus having to stick my finger in a pot (old version).

The formula applies and blends like a cream blush but has the finish and lightweight of a powder blush. It goes on fairly sheer and is buildable. I just use my finger, by the way. Peach Satin last on me the whole day and only fade slightly.

Cons: The lighter shade like Rose Petal is so gorgeous on pan but it goes on sheer, even after a few layers.  I think it show up a little better on swatch than on my cheeks.  Unless you are fair to light, I would recommend skipping the lighter shades as I am not sure if it will show up on darker skin tone.

Rose Petal (L) and Peach Satin (R)

Overall: A part of me wishes these blush are pack with more pigment for lighter shade like Rose Petal because it is so pretty in pan. Then on the other hand, they give a natural flush and are hard to overdo the way they are. Plus, darker shade like Peach Satin, I think the pigmentation is just right. I can also see this possibly being a hit for oilier skin gal whose skin cannot hold a cream blush.

Rating: It is tough; I am torn between a 4 and 4.5 out of 5


Disclosure: The product(s) being review was purchased by me for personal use or review purpose.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I spot these earlier in the stores...Now all that's left are the ones people opened :(
    Do you think you'll get anymore of these blushes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post ! Cant wait to try it out !

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails