Saturday, July 31, 2010

Sunscreen Showdown!!!


Clinique Face Cream spf 50 ($17.50/1.7oz)
I like the bright yellow packaging and the high spf level. It has a nice creamy texture that blends and absorb easily. It’s not greasy but does leave a bit of a sheen. I have used this a handful of time and have nothing negative to say about it. It is great for beach and a day of outdoor activities but a little too heavy for everyday use.

Clinique Even Better Skin Tone Corrector Spf 20 ($42.50/1.7oz)
This is very cosmetically elegant in my opinion. It is best suited for dry skin because it is lightweight yet moisturizing. Absorb quicky and foundation applies beautifully on top. However, I think it is too expensive for a sunscreen and that the spf level is not high enough for me. I do not use this everyday so I can’t comment on how it performs as a skin brightener.

Goodskin All Calm spf 25 ($14/1.7oz)
It is tinted, very light beige. Wow, so white on me, no matter how much I rub it in and I am light skin to begin with. It is also hard to spread. Next!

Sunscience Organic Daily Wear spf 30
I had high hope for this and want to love it since it is organic. Unfortunately, again, such obvious white cast. There are days where I don’t wear makeup and not wanting to look like a Geisha, you know.

Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Sun Damage Spf 28 ($12/2.5oz)
Not listed as an active ingredient but titanium dioxide is pretty high up in the ingredient list. It has a nice texture, probably due to its silicon base, which allows makeup to comfortable glide over. I am on the fence about where I stand with silicon. Horrible packaging, the pump on my bottle does not work. It sometime peel when you apply foundation on top if you apply the sunscreen generously or it does not dry completely. Since it does feel very nice on and under makeup, it is worth a try to see if it works for you.

Eucerine Sensitive Skin spf 30 ($9/4oz)
I like that this is cheap because you are supposed to apply sunscreen liberally and I do tend to skim a little bit when it is expensive. It is a physical sunscreen that claims not to leave a white cast due to micro nano technology. However, it makes my face looks whiter even under tinted moisturizer. Most suitable for normal/combo skin type, drier skin will need an extra layer of moisturizer underneath. I am not too crazy about it under makeup as it does not have a slippery surface for foundation to glide over like the Garnier sunscreen.

Are you loving your sunscreen? Do share!

Disclosure: The product(s) being review is purchased by me for personal use or review purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails