Thursday, April 21, 2011

Current Top 5 Foundation


I love base makeup, it is such a nice pick me up. Unless you are 12 or have been Photoshop, most of us can use a helping hand. Below are some of my top favorite at the moment.

Shu Uemera Face Architect: My first high end makeup base and I took a gamble ordering it online. It has proven to worth both the money and risk. It is a creamy light liquid that blend effortlessly, semi matte finish, buildable coverage, and great undertone for Asian. (Full Review and Swatches)

Victoria’s Secret Soft Focus SPF 20: I like it for the relatively high SPF and dewy finish which lends a nice healthy glow. This foundation provides light to medium coverage.

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20: This one give good coverage for a tinted moisturizer yet still very natural and comfortable to wear, like your skin only better. It also gives a lovely subtle glow, nothing too obvious. When my skin misbehaves and I don’t want to deal with flakiness, etc, I turn to this. (Full Review and Swatches)

Cover Girl Aqua Smoothers Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15: This is so moisturizing and good coverage, ideal for people with normal to dry skin. People with oily skin should stay away, it might be too much. If you can’t afford the Laura Mercier TM, this would be a great alternative.

Korres Mineral Foundation: I was never a fan of mineral makeup until now. It stay put pretty well throughout the day and isn’t patch or powdery. On bad skin days, I actually turn to this as it won’t accentuate flakes as much as liquid foundation. (Full Review)

This isn’t official on the list because it is discontinued last year but DHC Q10 Cream Foundation is also one of my favorite. It looks quite natural for a high coverage foundation with a soft matte finish. I like applying with my fingers because I can blend and sheer it out. I can also double it as a concealer. You may still be able to find it on ebay?

That is all for now, I will update if anything changes.  What are your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails