Monday, March 21, 2011

MAC Pink Cult Blush Review and Swatches



Price: $19.50

Limited Edition? Yes, part of the Jeanius collection.

Pros: I like that even though it is matte, with a light hand, it goes on sheer and natural, not powdery and dull. It is also a good option for people who doesn’t like shimmer in their blush. It being a neutral undertone also makes it versatile and flattering for both warm and cool skin tone.

Cons: It being on the light side, I am not sure how well it will show up on dark skin tone.



Overall: I ran to get this the first day it came out in store because I felt in love with the swatches posted by Temptalia. I am not sure if it’s the lighting or the flash but it looks a lot more muted and less pink in person. Don’t get me wrong, I understand that it’s so hard to capture color correctly in photograph; I have the same trouble myself sometime. I bought it anyway out of curiosity. While it is a versatile, easy to wear color, flattering for most people color, it just does not stand out for me. Nice but not special, if you know what I mean? Plus, I already owed NYX Angel which is a close match to it. I actually think Angel is a more flattering shade on me. Rating: 3.5 or 4/5

Update: adding comparison picture.




Disclosure: The product(s) being review was purchased by me for personal use or review purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails